versions of -dev packages

Hello.

I am running several systems that are a mix of stable, testing and sid, with
apt preferences set up such that stable is the highest priority, testing
lower than stable, sid lower that testing.

When something from e.g. sid is needed for some reason, I run
 apt-get -t unstable install xxx

This often upgrades library packages also. But often when library package is
upgraded, other packages related to the library (-dev, -doc, ...) stay at
older version. This may or may not cause technical problems, but definitly
is some sort of inconsistency that is really difficult to resolve always by
hands.

Maybe this shoul be resolved by adding appropriate dependences/conflicts to
the packages? E.g. all packages related to the library package should
conflict with any other version of the library package?

Or there should be a way to make apt to upgrade/downgrade all packages built
from the same source at once (whan any package from that source is being
upgraded/downgraded)?