Re: docbook kernel docs and debian unstable

AFAICT debian-user would have been a more appropriate place for this.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 16:25:54 -0400, John F Davis wrote:
> I am trying to read the docs in the Documentation/DocBook directory of a
> linux kernel.
>
> I do this: make pdfdocs and I get an error about need to install docbook
> style sheets.  I think the error is really because I dont have db2html
> installed.

Install the "docbook-utils" package which contains db2html.

> I noticed that in the docbook-utils directory there is  a program  called
> jw which appears to convert docbook to pdf.  However, this package needs
> jadetex and that will not install.

Sounds like http://bugs.debian.org/183285 which has been fixed in 3.12-5
which made it into the archive during yesterday's dinstall run.

HTH,
Ray
--
TV is the worst of both worlds. It's not as good at words as radio is
because the pictures are a distraction which demand attention, and it's not