Re: packaging of libpcre4

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 02:34:56PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> http://bugs.debian.org/182570

> Thanks, I missed it. I've looked for bug reports only on the binary pcre
> packages BTS' pages, sorry.

> Anyway from the BTS isn't clear (to me) what have you decided (but I've
> to admit the I haven't looked at the patch you provided ...).

Hello,
Mark has uploaded it yesterday in the evening. The bad news is that
4.3 seems to be broken on m68k, ia64 and alpha, "make test" fails.

It does not look like a compiler/packaging related issue, I've
doublechecked on escher (alpha) using its woody installation and the
sid chroot: 3.9 compiles/tests fine (both with Mark's handcrafted
Makefile and the one shipped by upstream, 4.3 does not. - Both on
woody (gcc 2.95) and sid (gcc 3.2.something).
              cu andreas