Re: Every spam is sacred

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 02:32:15PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> > First link (<http://dsbl.org/sender>), disaprooval of what you said:
> > recognition of the fact that innocent people may be trapped by dsbl.
>
> I didn't say it could *never* happen. I said it was extremely
> difficult for it to happen, statistically speaking.

Based on what? Where is the data you base your statistics?

> If you are really a Debian user you can accept Debian's standard exim
> configuration, which by default is not an open relay, and send your message
> using your own computer, without using the SMTP server of your ISP.

Have you heard about port blocking? In the Politechnical Univ. of Valencia
outgoing mails have to be sent through mail.upv.es and in that case it does
not depend anymore on you. Again, mistakes can happen.

mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

Look at my fingers: four stones, four crates. Zero stones? ZERO CRATES!
		--Zorg (The Fifth Element)