Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proof SSD voting methods GR

On Jun 10, Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) wrote:
 > > this is all very easily solvable by clarifying that this vote is the
 > > A.3.1 vote. no other action need be made.
 >
 > 	But it was not; and there is no need for a 3.1 vote, since
 >  there are no alternates. This is a mistake made in creating the
 >  ballot, and the responses to the situation we are in are in issue.
 >
 > > i want to see this thing done, also. let's do it the right way, and
 > > absolve ourselves of appearances of impropriety. that is all i ask.
 >
 > 	*Shrug*. If the yes wins by a sizeable majority, I don't see
 >  much impropreity.  I'll still ask the people voting Further
 >  Discussion whether they wanted to vote No.
 >
 > 	The alternative is to void this vote, and wait until the
 >  second week of July, when we can start the 3.1 vote, and sometime in
 >  August or September for the real vote.

I don't think there was any impropriety here.  Still, I think the simplest,
lowest cost, least confusing thing to do is void the current vote and redo it.
I don't see why we need a A.3.1 vote, though, I agree with your original
interpretation that it is not necessary if there are no amendments.  So, all
we'd need is another (proper) A.3.2 vote.

--
Neil Roeth