Re: automake/autoconf/libtool -- convince me

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Joey Hess wrote:
> I've seen many statements from people who presumably know the autotools
> cold that what I'm doing is flat out wrong, but they never back them up.
> So if you want to convince me please keep my reasons in mind and back up
> your statements with real explanations. Thanks.

There is nothing wrong in what you're doing, other than it takes a little
more CPU than not rerunning the entire toolchain.

I've found that running the toolchain at cvs-checkout time (I use
cvs-buildpackage), is a good compromise.  But to each, its own.

  Henrique Holschuh