Re: Call for votes for the Condorcet/Clone proof SSD voting methods GR

On Jun 10, Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) wrote:
 > On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 10:35:50PM -0400, Neil Roeth wrote:
 > > I'm bothered both by the lack of a "No" option, and the cavalier attitude to
 > > something explicitly spelled out in the Constitution;
 >
 > We've never followed the process "explicitly spelled out in the
 > Constitution".  We even had a vast flamewar over how the above
 > interpretation wasn't a reasonable or obvious interpretation of the
 > constitution way back in the day.

Your comments in conjunction with the snippets from the Constitution that you
posted a couple of days ago lead to a reasonable and obvious interpretation.
Do you, or do you not think we should run the vote as you described there?
Or, are you purposely avoiding taking a position until you don your flameproof
suit? :-)

So far, we see that a simple yes or no vote in the Debian project implies
unacceptable complexity and flamewars.  That'd be funny if it wasn't
ludicrous.

--
Neil Roeth