Re: Newcomer

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 12:35:27AM +0200, Jason Victor wrote:

> I'm Jason and I'd like to help Debian. First of all,
> the skills I hope to offer are translation (English
> <-> French <-> Spanish), any writing that needs to be
> done, and package maintenance. I have been reading all
> the information for newcomers, and I'm trying to
> figure out where to start.

If you want to help with translation, I suggest you start here:

http://ddtp.debian.org/

You can provide translations for debconf templates and po files without
going through any official process.  Simply file your patches in the BTS as
bugs and they will be processed by the maintainer.  For description
translation, I am not very familiar with the process, but ddtp.org should
get you started.

--
 - mdz