Re: Debian menu system update

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 08:59:58PM +0200, Josef Spillner wrote:
> One day, SVG icons might be used, so there has to be some kind of flexibility.
> It would be nice to work towards collaboration with freedesktop.org, probably
> a fallback mechanism can be implemented.
> I personally do not want to restrict myself to 214 ugly colours, and others do
> not want to use scalable icons. With only one of both implementations, it
> will never be possible to make everyone happy.

SVG icons are the only decent long term solution once screens go to
200dpi+ those tiny icons will be worthless, of course you can always
double or triple the size of fixed size icons automatically but they
won't look very good. Microsoft is pushing for high resolution screens
to be available in time for its new OS 'Longhorn' release, which is only
around 2 years from now.

Chris