Re: does debian also support 64-bit x86 systems > HP i2000 itanium

PPMW wrote:
> dear sirs,
>
> does VMware also support 64-bit x86 systems > HP i2000 itanium
>
> 			... what do we need?
> paul!

Your message is very confusing to me.  It askes two different
questions at two different times.

1. Your question in the subject line, "does debian also support 64-bit
   x86 systems > HP i2000 itanium"

  Yes.  Please see the Debian ports page.  I am using ia64 daily.  It
  works well.

    http://www.debian.org/ports/ia64/

2. Your question in the body of your message, "does VMware also
   support 64-bit x86 systems > HP i2000 itanium"

  No.  Please see VMware page.  This is a VMware product.

    http://www.vmware.com/products/desktop/ws_specs.html#hostos

  Note that although Debian is not in the list of supported host
  operating systems that it works fine here.  I don't actually use it
  myself since I don't personally need it.  But other coworkers near
  me use VMware daily on Debian i686 to run MS software and all
  reports are that it runs fine and does the job.

Bob