Symlinking /usr/share/doc/<package> is not allowed

Several packages in Debian depend on another package and symlink their
/usr/share/doc/<package> to the directory of this other package.

Section 13.5. of your policy says:

<--  snip  -->

13.5. Copyright information
---------------------------

     Every package must be accompanied by a verbatim copy of its copyright
     and distribution license in the file
     `/usr/share/doc/<package>/copyright'.  This file must neither be
     compressed nor be a symbolic link.

<--  snip  -->

This seems to imply that making /usr/share/doc/<package> a symlink is
wrong, too.

Unless someone can convince me that my interpretation of your policy is
wrong I'll start filing bugs against packages that symlink
/usr/share/doc/<package> to the directory of another package.

cu
Adrian

BTW: I'm not subscribed to debian-devel.

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed