DSA's via rsync

As previously mentioned on this list, where I work, we have a sizeable
chunk of infrastructure that can't connect out to a Debian mirror[1]

One of my colleages has written a script, which works on the
/var/lib/dpkg/status file on a host that may require updating comparing it
against the
/var/lib/apt/lists/security.debian.org_debian-security_dists_stable_updates_*Packages
files and then generating a list along with the appropriate DSAs, of the
packages that require updating.

This would be made easier if the DSA's were obtainable in a more parseable
format. Currently they're being retrieved from
http://www.debian.org/security/ via a recursive wget. Would it be
possible, and would it be beneficial to anyone else, if they were made
available individually via rsync?

Andrew

[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200305/msg00468.html