Re: Daft Internet Stuff [Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)]

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 03:28:27PM +0100, Matt Ryan wrote:
> > Right now we're getting really damn close to anarchy, when everyone and
> > their dog has the means to entirely obliterate everyone else's mailbox
> > with unwanted whatever-they-have-to-say, and sometimes even obliterate
> > their computer (with viruses).
>
> We have the ability to annialte each other on the highways (and to a certain
> degree we do), but its a rick of being involved for the benefits it brings
> you. It would be nice to make everyone drive well, but they don't and they
> won't play nice with your email either.

Well, yeah, sure, but the highway analogy doesn't apply. There isn't a
single technical reason why I as a random person need to ever be in any
sort of contact with a spammer to keep the system running.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.