Re: Daft Internet Stuff [Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)]

On Sun, 18 May 2003 15:25:42 +0100, Matt Ryan <mryan@debian.org> said:

> Neil McGovern wrote:
>> These are all valid points, however, I still don't want to read
>> HTML e-mail in mutt.

> You are figting a losing battle. If the MUA that someone uses is
> set-up to send HTML (rich test, whatever) email then you are highly
> unlikely to get them to change it. Some devices (cable TV email?)
> may not even be able to turn it off. Whatever the arguements are for
> running a lean mean email client its probably going to have to cope
> with HTML email or you are going to have to limit who you interact
> with!

	I have no issue withg not interacting with such people -- if
 they can't change the default format of their mail messages; it is
 unlikely that they say anything of interest to me.

	As I said, I like to warn people of this. Then their email
 goes to the bitbucket.

	manoj

--
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. Ben
Franklin