Re: Answers to "Why is package X not in testing yet?"

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:37:45AM +0200, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Fixed now.

Terrific!  I'm impressed at your bug-fixing speed; there's a quick "fixed
now" to almost every issue.  This script is a huge contribution.

I have one more question, but this is probably more about the rules for
"testing".  The script says

> Updating fam makes 177 packages uninstallable on alpha: amor, ark,
> bibletime, dcoppython, eyesapplet, fifteenapplet, galeon-nautilus, ...

I can't figure out why this is so: why would updating fam break so many
apparently unrelated packages, but only on alpha?