Re: Generally accepted cut-off limit for -doc packages

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 07:33:50AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 8 May 2003, James Troup wrote:
>
> > c) just because we've done something wrong in the past doesn't mean we
> >    can't correct that mistake now, e.g. by your reasoning we shouldn't
> >    be fixing the SSL vs. GPL violations because "ftpmaster
> >    implemented[sic] it in the past".
> I see no connection between my request for just documenting reasonable things
> and this fact.  Please explain.

The FTP admin team has traditions regarding documentation of their
processes as well.  You might find:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no\&bug=150392

instructive.

If that tradition is being respected, then you are probably expected to
document the "cut-off limit for -doc packages" yourself.

But, who knows, maybe things have changed; it's been almost a year.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    A celibate clergy is an especially
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    good idea, because it tends to