Re: Font uglification after apt-get upgrade EXPLAINED

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I'm speaking of xfonts-scalable, not gsfonts-x11.  I had this problem
> on a box where I don't even have gsfonts-x11 installed, which pretty
> much rules it out.
Same for me because I had this trouble on machines where no gsfonts-x11
exists.

> If these fonts look fine in other contexts, it may really be the Type1
> rasterizer in XFree86 that is the culprit.  No one has maintained it for
> years, and it is not even feature-complete ("Beziers this big not yet
> supported").
This is a real shame.  You might upstream best.  Do you think it would help out
if we would file a bug report which you could foreward upstream or is there just
no interest.  If upstream does not care about Type1 fonts I guess they did
not noticed recent desktop movements.

Kind regards

         Andreas.