Re: Status of Sarge Release Issues (Updated for May)

On May 06, Thomas Hood <jdthood0@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

 >If the point of releasing is to create something stable and
 >reliable for non-expert users then the latest Linux 2.4 should
 >be shipped as the standard kernel.  Then we will have a whole
 >release cycle to work out any problems created by Linux 2.6
 >novelties such as the new module loader and sysfs.
I think modules support only needs changes in the packages which create
files in /etc/modutils.d/ (like ALSA). Most of them are fine as-is
because the default aliases already cover all devices I know about.
sysfs will not harm anything.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [839 daJ4.4tGv7DFc]