Re: debian.org machine with pbuilder/debootstrap?

> As far as being able to install packages in the chroot, that's obviously what
> I'd want pbuilder for.  But, in what other ways does the user get the
> equivalent of root permission such that he could do nasty things?  It seems if
> pbuilder uses chroot, it should be possible to set up an environment that is
> just as safe as the chroots we use on those same machines now.  Is it not?

pbuilder has many hooks functions, and other features that makes it
possible to run anything inside chroot as root, and being root inside the
chroot means, it is possible to gain root outside of chroot.

For that, using user-mode-linux is one possible solution.

regards,
	junichi