Re: apt-deb-list?

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 12:02:54AM +0200, smurfd wrote:
> Hey there!
>
> Ive been thinking about coding together an application, that is able to
> save a list of current installed packages, and then at another time, use
> that list and install/remove the differences from the current installed
> packages.

Another application which can be useful is a
remote-apt-get-dist-upgrade. The idea is to have a script which takes a
( /var/lib/dpkg/ ) status file and outputs ( and maybe download ) URI of
packages to upgrade ( based on a sources.list ).

I know I can do it with options of apt-get ( Dir::Etc::SourceList
Dir::Cache::Archives etc ... ) but a single script would be useful.