Re: Announcing Debian Package Tags

Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 30-Apr-03, 17:47 (CDT), Jacob Hall?n <jacob@strakt.com> wrote:
>>Other usefulpackage tags would be source language (C, C++, Python, Perl, Ruby
>>etc.)
> Why? If the package performs the functionality requested, why should you
> care what the source language is?
Why do you care to have access to the source? Wouldn't most of the reasons also
imply that it would be best if the source was in a language familiar to you?
For example, given a choice, I tend to prefer python over perl because that is
what I use more often, so I'm quicker with extending / fixing stuff.

Cheers

T.