Re: fakeroot with chroot.

> > I really don't know. The fakeroot is not my project and I'm afraid my
> > patches are too experimental for such stable tool. Also there is too much
> > work with cleaning up the code. Should I start new project or join to the
> > original fakeroot?
>
> I once tried to do something similar, but noticed that
> user-mode-linux does the same thing to a fuller extent.
>
> If you look at it this way, user-mode-linux is a fakeroot that traps
> all syscalls.

user-mode-linux has too big overload and it is available only for i386
architecture. I've tested my modified fakeroot on alpha, sparc and ia64 and it
works pretty well.

I read another thread about fakeroot and I think I'll start new project called
i.e. fakechroot which will be based on original fakeroot. The original project
should be as stable as it is possible. My library is too experimental.

--
Piotr Roszatycki, Netia Telekom S.A.                    .''`.
mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl                   : :' :