Re: BHS: Bug help system

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 07:42:08PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
[snip]
> You haven't read the latest version of developers-reference. It's no
> more so precise in the delays, it says :
> - file bug
> - wait a few days
> - send patch
> - wait a few days
> - upload nmu to DELAYED/7-day and inform the maintainer (and send the
>   patch for the complete NMU)

Mmmm, that's what happens when I don't keep up with these ever-changing
documents. :-)

> Of course if you file bug with patches, or if some bugs already have
> patches, there's just one "wait a few days" and it's up to you to decide
> if "few" is 2, 3, 4, 5 or more. :-)
>
> I think the NMU rules are quite good now. But people keep complaining
> about NMU rules instead of doing NMU ... ;-)
[snip]

Hmm, this does look much better now. :-) Potentially I can NMU within a
week and not break any rules. (Of course, I may get a few disgruntled DD's
on my back, but that's OK...)

Thanks for your corrections.

"A man's wife has more power over him than the state has." -- Ralph Emerson