Re: manpage character cleanup for UTF-8 compatibility

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 07:29:49PM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> [20030325 18:37 PST]:
> > Hopefully another flamewar won't result from the mass bug filing issue...
>
> Well, I don't know if 'mass-filing' is really the term.  So far I've only
> encountered about 5 packages, and I'll only be filing bugs as fast as I
> can provide patches, so hopefully this will result in fixes rather than
> just annoying dozens of maintainers =)

Yes, I think that's a good way to deal with it. It's not such a major
problem that we need to file whatever number of hundred or thousand bugs
at once about it, and with any luck once enough people have been
informed about the problem the meme will propagate. (It's already
propagated quite some distance since the problem was first discovered.)

Cheers,