no libgal23

Just checking what it would take to upgrade my Gnome to the latest
version in Unstable using apt-get install gnome -t unstable. The results
are that a couple packages are requested but will not be installed.

Tracking it down, one of the packages that won't be installed in
Evolution which depends on a bunch of libraries that won't be installed.
One of which is libgal23 which doesn't exist:

# apt-get install evolution -t unstable
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  evolution: Depends: gtkhtml1.1 (>= 1.1.8) but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libcamel0 (= 1.2.3-1) but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libcamel0 (>= 1.2.3) but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: libgal23 (>= 0.24) but it is not installable
             Depends: libgtkhtml1.1-3 (>= 1.1.8) but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

# apt-get install libgal23 -t unstable
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package libgal23 has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package libgal23 has no installation candidate

libcamel depends on libgal23 as well, as does gtkhtml1.1 and
libgtkhtml1.1-3. So, I can't use the new Gnome as a result and I want to
do so.

There are no bug reports filed against libgal23 as it's not in the
system. libgal21 version 0.23-1 does exist however. So, I can't file a
bug report against a non-existant package, so I'm reporting it here.

any help is appreciated.

PS: I'm wanting to just install the new Gnome goodies from unstable
without doing a dist-upgrade to unstable which I suspect would fail for
similar reasons anyway.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing@duckwing.ca