Re: should I orphan linux-wlan-ng?

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 09:50:44AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Please read bug #184899 and if enough people feel that I am completly
> off-base in this, I will just orhapan linux-wlan-ng (and apt-src since I
> will have no incentive to keep working on it -- I wrote it so I could
> have the possbility of packaging modules packages in a way I was
> comfortable with), and someone else can do whatever they like with it.

FWIW, I was very excited when you started work on apt-src.  Please keep
it up.  I never liked the fact that we had "binary source" packages.
It's a kludge and should be discouraged.

Eduard's complaint that a user who buys a binary-only CD set will be
stuck without sources for linux-wlan-ng and other packages that don't
have -source packages is legitimate.  It's hard to claim that the users
should expect to find system sources on their CDs, though, if they
bought binary-only CD sets.

noah