Re: Problem with ignored bug reports

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 09:51:46AM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> The informal policy[1] about who can close bugs seems to be this:
                                   ~~~
That's a wrong word. Anyone can close bugs, but not anyone may close bugs.

> * any regular Debian Developer can do it.

That's an overgeneralization.

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200108/msg01959.html

I'm not sure how that particular one is relevant...

Why do people so consistently and adamantly ignore:

	http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing

   Normally, the only people that are allowed to close a bug report are the
   submitter of the bug and the maintainer(s) of the package against which
   the bug is filed. There are exceptions to this rule, for example, the bugs
   filed against unknown packages or certain generic pseudo-packages. When in
   doubt, don't close bugs, first ask for advice on the debian-devel mailing
   list.

I understand when ordinary users don't have a clue about where to find
BTS developers' documentation, but developers... :o

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.