Re: Closing bugs in removed packages

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 10:37:29AM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 01:52:11AM +1100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > I did some inactive maintainer work recently and noticed that someone
> > wants to do an NMU for a package which is not in the archive anymore.
>
> Is there any way at all in the BTS to mark packages which have been
> removed, or which will be removed? It will clear up some of the confusion
> here. I've accidentally tried to NMU a package destined for removal
> recently.

Not really. The BTS knows whether the package has been removed entirely,
i.e. from all of oldstable, stable, testing, and unstable (in that case
you'll see that it doesn't list a maintainer for the package), but it
won't be possible to have anything more discriminating than that until
at least a substantial part of the work for version tracking is done.