Re: standard for executable files under /usr/share

>On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:16, sean finney wrote:
>> find /usr/share -path /usr/share/doc -prune -o -type f -exec file {} \; |
>> grep executable | grep -E 'script|whatever'

Why not:

find /usr/share -type f -mode +111 -print

this will find everything marked as executable, and won't depend on file
knowing about all kernel file types that are executable.

If SE linux wants to mount /usr/share noexec, they should go through a
proposed change to FHS.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html