Re: potato packages in unstable?

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 09:57:16AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  I am questioning why they haven't been updated...  Policy has changed
> quite a lot since potato and at least the /usr/doc/<package> ->
> /usr/share/doc/<package> symlink handling was droped from it. I would
> guess that mostly all of the packages that are still in the potato
> hierarchy must be updated to comply with current policy.
>
>  About how many packages do we speak here? Would this be a valid aim for
> an upcoming bug squashing party?

sounds like a good idea. maybe this should be passed on to the bsp
coordinator. (cc'ing bas zoetekouw, since i think he did the last one.)

> For not being (current?) policy
> compliant in fact _is_ a release critical bug.  Maybe tracking the
> packages down and starting with filing the bugreports on them would be a
> good idea...  Does someone have a list of those packages?

bug reports sounds good, so long as the severity is not actually release
critical. also, patches to make them compliant with the latest policy
would be good.

--
gram