Is LPPL + some additions DSFG free?

Hi!

I am currently packaging latex-ucs (see #160953), being mentored and
sponsored by Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>. The package is
currently licensed under the LaTeX Project Public License (see
http://www.latex-project.org/lppl.txt) with the following additions by
upsteam:

----- snip -----
This program may be distributed and/or modified under the conditions
of the LaTeX Project Public License, either version 1.1 of this
license or (at your option) any later version, with the following
extensions:

- distribution may omit the files data/uninames.dat and
  ucs-doc.dvi

- The directory structure may be changed

- The data/uni-*.def files may be regenerated via makeunidef.pl
  from a valid set of config/*.def files without changing the former's
  names, whereby a valid set of config/*.ucf files consists of the
  original files and any local additions in separate files, whereby
  any characters defined in these should only be accessible via an
  option which starts with the five letters 'local'. (See the
  documentation files for a description of the technical terms and
  names in this paragraph).
----- snip -----

Since I want to split up the package in several (base, -dev, -doc,
-contrib), I contacted upsteam who added the following permission:

- A distribution may split the package into smaller packages, as long
  as this fact is visible to the user and the user may easily install
  the complete UCS package (e.g. by installing all small packages).

Since the LPPL is quite restrictive, I'm not sure whether the LPPL +
upstream's additions can be seen as DFSG-free.

The most recent of the (few) statements about the LPPL can be found at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/1999/debian-legal-199911/msg00145.html
However, the thread was not very exhausting, so I'm asking again.

It would be nice if answers are cc'ed to me since I'm not subscribed
to d-legal.

Thanks in advance!

Martin
--