Re: [desktop] Installation of mail server by default

Hello,
Let's stop "iirc" and "I think". ;-)

Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 03:45:38PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> Matthew Forrester <fozz@vmind.co.uk> wrote:
>>> A sensible Idea would be to have nullmailer installed. none of my
>>> debian using friends knew about nullmailer, but were well chuffed
>>> when i told them about it, as they could get rid of the mta on there
>>> workstations

>> Iirc nullmailer has problems with pine (if it does it is documented),
>> I might mix it up with ssmtp though.

That is ssmtp.

>> Additionally having a MTA which manages a queue is a real nice thing
>> for dialup hosts (masqmail might be a good choice).

> i think nullmailer does this.

Correct.

ssmtp: No queue, no daemon, just /usr/sbin/sendmail. pine-problems[1]
nullmailer: reminds me of a very stripped down qmail.

Afaict both can't do local deliveries or listen on Port25.
               cu andreas
[1] This isn't bad because pine can talk to a mailhub directly.
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_