Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 11:04:59PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> How about an implementation in sysvinit like this:
> - if the kernel supports it a shmfs is mounted on /run
> - otherwise if the kernel supports it a ramdisk is mounted on /run
> - the size of the shmfs/ramdisk can be set in /etc/default/rundirsize

AIUI, tmpfs, if supported in the kernel, lets you not choose a default
size, and will just grow or shrink as appropriate. (As opposed to ramdisks,
which would need ext2resize or similar invoked)

> I don't think persistance between boots is important.

Yup. We should clear it out every reboot just to make sure.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''