Re: Freeze Please?

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 07:48:23AM +0100, Karsten Merker wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:47:13PM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
>
> > Moreover, m68k is too slow to develop.  It's another problem.
> >
> > In addition, it's not only m68k but also mips/mipsel, arm, ...
> > Especially, there are not developer's machine for mips/mipsel.  If you
> > want to drop m68k, I think we should drop mips/mipsel in first, not
> > m68k (I'm sorry for mips/mipsel maintainers, who are working greatly,
> > but it's true that there are no mips/mipsel machine!).
>
> There are machines for mips and mipsel; they are just not "official" Debian
> systems maintained by the Debian system administration team. Please take a
> look at http://www.debian.org/ports/mips for a list. Florian Lohoff
> (flo@debian.org) hosts the mips and mipsel autobuilders and some machines
> available for interactive logins. In case a Debian developer needs an
> account on a mips/mipsel system, just ask him (or in case he is not
> available, me) for a account. The mips and mipsel autobuilders are keeping
> up quite well, so building speed is not a problem on mips and mipsel.

The plan was to one day change a mips and a mipsel machine for "public"
login by debian members. I just didnt get around to hand over to the
debian-sysadmin team.

We do have 2 mipsel and 2 mips machines up and running. As these are not
the fastest machines sometimes all 4 are running the autobuilders.
At least for mips i might be able to provide another machine.

Flo
                        Heisenberg may have been here.