Re: Freeze Please?

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 03:03:10PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

 > For the past five months or so, testing's been working "correctly"

 Nominally correct you mean.  In the sense that the management software
 is doing what is suppossed to be doing.

 Otherwise it's just self delusion.  From a practical POV, testing is
 utterly broken.  There are packages with not so trivial bugs stuck in
 it, and it has been said over and over again, it contains packages with
 security holes.

 > but only in so far as unstable hasn't been.

 The other day I upgraded the machine I've been using for testing
 testing (for the past ... two years?) to unstable because hand picking
 packages from unstable to get bugs fixed takes way too much time.
 Unstable is far more usable than testing right now.  Sure, it's also
 riskier.

--
Marcelo