Re: Offer to help DD's who maintain games

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:11:23AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * H. S. Teoh <hsteoh@quickfur.ath.cx> [2003-01-31 04:30]:
> > I've noticed in recent months a recurring problem in games that spawn off
> > a soundserver to manage sound output. This especially concerns those games
> > that are written from scratch (ie., not using clanlib or some other game
> > development toolkit, which presumably do things right :-).
>
>  I am sure that you are aware that xblast (your bug #31274) is way older
> than clanlib or some other game development toolkits, are you?  There
> was no other way than to write it from scratch when it was developed.

Yes, I wasn't implying that they were inferior in any way. :-) Just that
writing everything from scratch is more prone to error, and so should be
more closely scrutinized.

>  After all, thank you for your patch, it is at least in unstable and I'm
> thinking of preparing a package for stable, too.
[snip]

Thanks for applying the patch. :-)

Elegant or ugly code as well as fine or rude sentences have something in
common: they don't depend on the language. -- Luca De Vitis