Re: Some myths regarding apt pinning

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:23:26AM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> > The testing distribution has *exactly* the same problem, as the
> > unstable libc is different from the testing libc.
>
> That's true currently, but it should be temporary, right? (Of course,
> it's been temporary for some time now, but at least in theory, things
> are supposed to propagate from unstable to testing in relatively short
> order unless they have serious problems...)

Why would that be the case?  Every time a new libc is uploaded, it's
going to take time for it to move to testing.  Critical bugs introduced
by the upload might prevent it from moving to testing for a long time,
as we've seen lately, but it should still take a couple of weeks, during
this time testing users will be getting a new libc that they never
explicitly asked for.

noah