Re: Please! Fix your MUA!

Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:01:51PM +0100, Emile van Bergen wrote:
>> Can. You. *Please*. Finally. Make. Your. MUA. Put. In-Reply-To: and/or
>>
>> I /don't/ care that Outlook doesn't consider them necessary and thinks
>> it can use Thread-Index or some such moronic newfanglednese instead.
>> They are. So I don't care /how/ you do it, and I care even less that you
>> may have to switch to a different MUA if that is what it takes to make
>> your posts standards compliant.

> I've seen many posts by Outlook users using correct threading headers
> (though broken in any number of other ways).
[...]

No, probably not. You might have seen mails and posts with correct
threading headers generated by Outlook _Express though.

But these are two completely different programs. OE comes for free
packaged with IE and integrated MUA/NUA, Outlook OTOH is MS' groupware
program (calendar, mail, exchange client).

Outlook identifies itself in user-agent or X-Mailer as "Outlook" or
"MS Internet Mailer".
             cu andreas