Re: Breaking threads

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 08:26:13AM +0100, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> Am I the only one noticing an increasing frequency of threads being
> broken (evolution does not do threading by Subject). Various culprits,
> apparently:

> From: Jack Howarth [ no X-Mailer or similar ]
> (and that's just what I found in the last 3 minutes)
>
> What's wrong with good old In-Reply-To: and (iirc) even older
> References:?

I've started ignoring most such emails, for example from Vince Mulhollon who
appears to use Lotus Notes, which also doesn't implement any of those
headers.

It's really an excessive waste of time to read lists these days. Not only
does one have to wade through a 100-message thread, but also get a bunch of
unlinked messages at the bottom for which one has to figure out what it's
about by reading the quoted text. This is especially fun if the person's MUA
also doesn't align the quoted text properly, so you have to scroll back and
forth.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.