Re: minibash - an alternative for /bin/{da,po}sh ?

David B Harris <david@eelf.ddts.net> [2003-01-13 00:33:42 -0500]:
> > I got fed up with them (see #176098, #171791, #171638 ...)
>
> Shell is a language. When people code for #!/bin/sh, they should get
> /bin/sh, as documented. The solution is not to provide a non-standard
> shell that works for (a very few, these days) broken scripts, but to fix
> those scripts.
>
> The third bug, which may actually be a bug in dash's
> standards-compliance, is another matter.

Are you referring to 'echo -e'?  I don't see '-e' listed as a standard
option to echo.  In which case it would be yet another script bug and
unrelated to dash.

  http://www.unix-systems.org/single_unix_specification_v2/xcu/echo.html

Bob