Re: Bug#XXXXXX: (far too many packages) needs rebuilt for prelinking

Think you could stop breaking threads? There are any number of mailers
which set References and In-Reply-To headers properly.

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 16:57, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Without this patch, binutils produced binaries that could be
> not be unprelinked into identical binaries since there was
> an unpredictablity in how *r_offset was calculated. With that
> patch it was always set to zero allowing unprelinked binaries
> to be identical to the original copies. However this is more
> of a minor nit (things like tripwire will get unhappy but
> the older binaries run fine prelinked).

Maybe I'm not understanding what prelinking does, but how is it that a
binary is being prelinked if the resulting binary is exactly the same as
the original?