Re: x86-64 port of debian/linux

Bart Trojanowski <bart@jukie.net> [2003-01-10 20:38:03 -0500]:
> Problem is that it was compiled for RedHat 6.2 and no source is
> available to the public.  The binary depends on a few libraries but
> after 15 minutes of breaking the sanity of my Debian/Woody box I got it
> to run.
>
> Hoping that this cludege of a solution will help someone...
>
> 	http://www.jukie.net/~bart/debian/simnow/howto.php3

Thank you very much for making your discoveries available.  My I
simplify at least one thing?

  apt-get install libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1

That will solve one of the shared library issues without needing to
resort to the manual extraction process.  I have needed it for almost
any file distributed as a RH rpm.  But I don't know of any package
available for the other two you needed, libqt.so.1 and
libkdecore.so.2.

Bob