Re: Getting the changelog (online) before installing

* Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> [2003-01-10 20:00]:

> I run sid.  And was about to do an upgrade when I saw that a couple of very
> critical packages had new versions.  Being the cautious type, I'd like to
> find out exactly what changed.  (For values of 'exactly' that correspond
> to "whatever the maintainer felt appropriate to type in the changelog,"
> I guess.)
>
> Yes, apt-listchanges is installed, but that only takes effect /after/
> the upgrade.

s/upgrade/download/
apt-listchanges asks wether you want to continue _before_ installing the
downloaded packages.

yours Martin
--
<maxx@debian.org> --------------------------------- NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
           GPG / PGP encrypted and signed messages preferred