Re: pkgdump

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:31:41AM +0200, Halil Demirezen wrote:
> Its name is pkgdump. It has got some extra features such as report
> logging/, etc when compared to the current network package dumper
> named tcpdump. I want to keep the name of the package. The licence
> will be GPL. However, how cant there be a coincidence while i am
> trying to maintain this package and there is another package named
> pkgdump maintaned by anyone else?

http://www.google.com/search?q=pkgdump shows nothing else with that
name.

But "pkgdump" is not good -- it sounds like a packaging tool, not a
network tool.  I think there is a translation problem:

  package = a collection or archive of software or files
  packet = a chunk of network data

I think you might want to use something like "packet*" or "pkt*" for
the name.  Check google for conflicts.

Steve

--
Steve Traugott
Speaker Coordinator, Silicon Valley Linux Users Group