Re: gcc 3.2 transition clarification

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 09:15:09PM +0100, Sebastian Rittau wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 08:57:40PM +0100, Martin Albert wrote:

> > IMO you could also wait another day after that gcc3.2 became standard.

> Why? A bug report is not a personal insult.

It's not a personal insult but it is noise and hassle.  If it's not
going to accomplish anything then it'd be as well not to bother.  We
already have mechanisms like -devel-announce which are more effective
for communicating with developers at large and are being used for this.
Let's give them a chance to work before rushing off to file bug reports.