Re: [Final comments]Are we losing users to Gentoo?

> We plan to prepare libc6-i686, if we recognize it's really effective
> to improve performance, and if libc6 becomes more stable.
>
> I guess i686 brings some improvements, but I want to know how much do
> we get performance gain.  Do you have its real data of advantage?

When we did have -i686 packages (for a while),
we did measure performance, and "dpkg -S" did perform really
much better with i686.

I don't have the figures handy, but people were benchmarking
and I may still have that IRC log, but that's a long time ago...

regards,
	junichi