Re: /proc/cpuinfo is false

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a nfs-server at home and it was running SLINK r5.
> All was working fine.
>
> Now I have installed WOODY r0 on it, and linux_logo give
> me only 117 MHz. The BogoMIPS are right with 233.47.

Indeed, that speed IS right.  AMD did the whole PR rating thing back then,
they only needed to run their "166" at 117 to get the equivalent of a
pentium 166.

http://www.incisive.com/used/voltage.htm

The K6/166 actually ran at 166, k5 was 117.  You'll see in that table that
some of the cyrix's did the same thing.

Mike