Re: reliable streams over UDP

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 02:16:20PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> Do we have a library in Debian that provides reliable stream based
> communication over UDP?
>
> I want to be able to deal with asymetric links and end-points that change IP
> address so TCP won't work.  Surely someone must have written something
> similar to TCP but implemented on top of UDP.  Is such a thing in Debian?  If
> not is there a DFSG compliant library that I can package?

I assume you have a way of notifying the remote peer when the
local receive IP address changes? Otherwise, it won't know where
to send packets.

Also, I assume that it is not possible to set the "from" IP address in
transmitted packets so it is the same as the receive IP address?

(this is what happens on one way satellite links I have configured).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>