Re: debian-installer status 2002-11-22

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 06:16:11PM +0200, Samuli Suonpaa wrote:

> Are you aware of the fact that EVMS will not be included in Linux kernel?

Are you aware of the fact that EVMS is being adapted to work with
device-mapper instead of the EVMS kernel runtime?

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1276050&forum_id=2002

> Please consider using LVM2/DM instead.

There is no "instead", these are not exclusive options.  LVM2 integration
with debian-installer will happen if and when someone does the work.  Tollef
Fog Heen helped me to provide udebs for EVMS; if someone volunteered to on
integrate LVM2, I'm sure they would be welcomed by the debian-installer
folks.

--
 - mdz