Re: Debian Development

Darren Salt wrote:
I demand that Jules Bean may or may not have written...

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:55:45AM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:

Please don't send HTML to mailing lists in the future. Some people do not
have HTML-capable mail readers, and others have spam filters that are
quite likely to kill all HTML mail. It's much better to post whatever you
HTML you have on a webpage, and send a URL to the list instead.

Messages sent to the Debian mailing lists (esp. the development lists)
should be in plaintext.

Well.  Don't send HTML messages, no.  But he didn't.  He sent a properly
structured MIME message with a plain text body and an HTML attachment.

I have here a record of, er, action being taken over a message with ID
<[🔎] 000001c28f0b$3e26af10$0200a8c0@xp> by a script of mine. It's available from
<URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.linux.html#exim_antihtml> -
perhaps I should make a .deb of it? :-)

It'd probably be more polite to do the bouncing/autoresponding after splitting
out mailing list traffic.

The message in question did in fact have a plain text body. (The body was
multipart/alternative with a text version and a WordTML version, and there
was a normal HTML attachment after the body.)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu